Spring is upon us and the weather is…well… it’s kinda bipolar! (crazy face) Nevertheless, my favorite season is here! I love spring for its freshness and renewal. The birds are chirping, children are out playing, and flowers are blooming. Speaking of flowers…the only thing I don’t like about spring is the POLLEN!!! Now, I understand that the pollination is necessary for the fertilization of seeds to create more flower-bearing plants, but man its heavy. My car has changed colors about 3 times in the last 2 weeks. 🙂 My allergies have been at bay since I’ve began a good allergy treatment regimen. For the most part, the weather has been Beautiful and I can’t wait to get out and frolic in it.
This is what led me to writing this post. I have so much I would like to do and decided to share it with you. This spring, I pledge to get out more after being cooped up all winter due to the cold weather. Some of the things I’d like to achieve are below.
1) Get up and get going. I have to make a pact with myself to get up and get moving on Saturday mornings. I have a tendency to lag around doing aimless things when I need to be getting out of the house and enjoying the sunshine.
|I can’t believe I’m actually sharing this pic.|
2) Attend 2nd Sunday on King. This event has taking place for at least 5 years now in Charleston. In the past, I would simply forget it was occurring until late afternoon when it was no longer worthwhile for me to go. Other times, I would be out of town or have other things planned where I couldn’t attend. I’m making it my duty to attend this upcoming one in April or May. It is a time of food, laughter, and fun. The historic shopping district is shut down from traffic to allow people to participate in an afternoon of festivities. Restaurants bring their tables to the street, vendors are set up selling various items, and a good time is had by all…at least that’s what I’ve been told. For more information about what takes place, check out this YouTube video.
3) Begin yoga classes. I was invited, by some coworkers, to attend a yoga class this weekend and I have decided to attend. I’m a little nervous because this is something new for me, but excited just the same. Plus I have to super, cool yoga mat to try out! Pray for me. I’m hoping the instructor will have a routine for beginners.
4) Fly a kite. I can’t remember the last time I flew a kite. Now that my kids are “grown” years have passed since I’ve enjoyed this fun activity. Well, by golly I’m gonna get out there and fly me a kite this year. It’s an activity I used to love and I’m always fascinated by the various kites that are displayed each year.
5) Go to a local Farmer’s Market. Why haven’t I done this yet? Nobody knows.
6) Take a walk on the beach. Is this really a bucket list item? No, not really…I go each year. How can I not when there are several surrounding me? Have you visited the beaches of Charleston, SC? If you haven’t, you should. You would be pleasantly surprised. Hey, maybe I’ll fly that kite at the beach!
7) Practice more R.A.K. While I’m out frolicking around town, I will continue my resolution of spreading more happiness by practicing more random acts of kindness. While I’m downtown, I’ll add a few coins to meters that are about to become expired. Maybe I’ll pay for someone else’s lunch. The possibilities to be kind are endless. You should give it a try.
8) Attend Flowertown Festival. This is another event I haven’t been to since my boys were younger. Its going on this weekend so I guess I need to get there tomorrow before it ends.
What are you up to this spring? Do u have a bucket list of activities you wish to fulfill? Tell me about them.